Are you a woman working in tourism? Then we invite you to take part in this survey, organised by our dear friends over at Gender Responsible Tourism. If you are interested in participating, please do so by June 15th, when the survey closes.
Gender Responsible Tourism are working to create a network of women tourism entrepreneurs to learn, work and share experiences; and to give greater visibility to GRT members. And because the first step in building a relationship is getting to know each other, GRT contacted several like-minded partner associations, including Equality in Tourism, in order to reach a truly international network. Now, GRT are proud to launch their survey with these six partners, who all have one thing in common – we strive to ensure women have in equal share in the benefits of tourism:
- The Center for Responsible Travel: CREST is a unique policy-oriented research organization dedicated to increasing the positive global impact of responsible tourism.
- Village Monde: a non-profit organization which, through its activities and its online booking platform, connects communities in remote areas with a large market of travellers, offers a quality label and supports the creation of responsible tourism initiatives.
- OITS-ISTO: an association of 150 actors of social, fair and responsible tourism in Europe, Latin America and Africa who share the vision of a tourism industry for people and communities.
- The Fabulous Tourism Academy: an online teaching, mentoring and transformational platform for women who want to build a legacy and grow their tourism business.
- Equations: an organization committed to ensuring tourism in India is non-exploitative and sustainable. They undertake impact studies and advocacy work, and provide training and networking opportunities.
- And us, Equality in Tourism, a small UK-based charity providing gender specialist advice, training, capacity building and innovation for every level of the industry.
As you can see, each of these partners have their own specialization: please do check out their websites and get in touch with them according to your needs and their capabilities.
The survey’s aim is to ensure that women entrepreneurs in tourism have voices that are heard: your voices! We all want to impact on services so that policies and studies reflect your needs. In order to do this, GRT aims to connect to as many women entrepreneurs in tourism as possible, to find out their opinions and wishes. The mid- to long-term plan is to organize workshops, events, training, diffusion, media coverage and other initiatives, working with each partner’s specialization.
What do we want to know?
We want to know what your professional goals are, what opportunities you are looking for, and how important the principles and indicators of gender responsible tourism are to you.
Who should respond to the survey?
We invite all NGO, tour operators, and women who own a or are employed in a business that is supported by tourism, to respond to the survey and also to share this with other women they work with.
Your opinion, strictly anonymous, is very important to all of us. Please complete the survey by June 15th.